Powered by Blogger.

St. Pierre: Ed Reed was right about Flacco

St. Pierre: Ed Reed was right about Flacco - Mark Wahlberg Says He Could Have Stopped 9/11 - Former Ravens quarterback Brian St. Pierre joined the Dennis & Callahan Show to discuss the AFC Championship matchup of the Patriots and Ravens on Sunday. St. Pierre said that Baltimore's only hope is to get consistent pressure on New England quarterback Tom Brady. If the Ravens fail to accomplish that, he suggested, the Pats could win in a blowout.

"You’ve got to hit Tom Brady if you’re Baltimore. ... It’s incumbent on the Ravens to get pressure on Tom," said St. Pierre. "Two or three years ago, absolutely they can. I don’t think they’re playing at the level, Baltimore that is, that they have in the past, so that is a big challenge. I do think they have matchups that can give New England fits. ... [But] if you’re a Patriots fan and you see Tom Brady sitting there patting the ball, you’re going to be in for a good day. You can probably shut that game off at halftime if he has time to throw.

"I think Baltimore has a chance. I think they can win," he added. "But they can’t rush three and play coverage and let Tom sit there and pat the ball. That’s just a slow death. He’s just going to pick you apart. But I’d be careful about reading too much into what the Patriots did last week and what Baltimore did last week. I don’t think that’s a true sense of how this game is going to go. I don’t think Baltimore’s as bad as they were last week and I don’t think New England’s as perfect as they were last week. They were playing a team that didn’t belong in the playoffs, in my opinion, in Denver, so take that with a grain of salt."

continue reading >> St. Pierre: Ed Reed was right about Flacco

No comments

Post a Comment